Getting your South Florida Home Ready to Show
As you know, first impressions are everything. The moment a potential buyer walks into your home they have decided in the first 15 seconds whether they are interested or not. It is your job as a seller to make the most memorable first impression in order to generate more interest and offers.
Tips to show your home for the most success to get SOLD.
- Make Access to your home easy: Flexibility in showing your home is key. If a potential buyer has to struggle to see your home they will probably move on to the next one.
- De-Clutter, De-Clutter, De-Clutter!
- Clean/Tidy Up: Make sure that the dishes are washed, the kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned and the beds are made and take out the garbage, even if you don’t have time to do a full cleaning; this will get you by until you can get to it.
- Take Down Family Pictures: Potential buyers need to see themselves living in your home, by having your family pictures up it is more difficult for them to see themselves there. You need to remove the emotional attachment you have to your home.
- Make sure the Pets are put up…. Some people may have pet allergies or are afraid of pets. No matter how small and cute.
- You should NOT be home if possible when buyers tour your home. This alleviates the pressure and allows them to take their time and focus on what they like, not what you point out.
- If you have even a small pest problem get pest control. Potential Buyers will see the worst of even a small issue.
- Control Odors. You may like “peach, jasmine, vanilla oil” but this may not be so well received by potential buyers. An odor neutralizer should be used and any scents should be mild. Buyers can have bad memories of your home linked to an unpleasant odor even if the home met most of their criteria.
- Staging your home is advisable if you have already moved out. Many potential buyers are unable to visualize how their furniture would look in the new space if the home is empty.